Friday, May 15, 2015

Review of; Chased By God and Stalked by Death Author; Susan Goffard




The author, Susan Goffard, had a remarkably exciting life and her sense of adventure makes for a hard to put down read.  I cannot begin to imagine having the bravery that it took to graduate as a nurse and enlist for a $72.00 a month job with International Voluntary Services, overseas.  Following her through Ghana, Laos, India, Nepal, East Africa, Guatemala, France and Mexico before winding up back in Florida was often a hair-raising experience as she seemed to dodge death and near tragedy at every turn. Spiders, Mamba Snakes and a fourth floor apartment in an earthquake zone all lend to the adventure that was Susan's life with her French husband Luc, whom she met in Laos and their two daughters. 
It's amazing to me that the author took this life journey with no real thought of God.  It was not until she returned to the states that she seems to begin her search for meaning and God caught up with her in a big way.  This was a very enjoyable book and left me trying to recall all of the times that God's protection had saved me, from myself, as I was not an adventuresome sort but sure could find trouble.

I was provided a copy of this book by Bookfun.org in exchange for my honest review, which I have given.

No comments:

Post a Comment